Boiler Start UpHow do I start up a boiler after inspection?
In many cases, steam boilers are only used in the winter for heat. To make sure you are operating safely and at peak efficiency:
- Have the boiler inspected by a qualified boiler service technician
- Open both the water and fireside of the boiler for an inspection.
- Clean both the fireside and waterside.
- Call your inspector after you have cleaned things up.
- Reassemble your boiler use new gaskets.
- Clean and inspect your low water cutoff.
- Check all safety devices, including a pop test on the safety relief valves, flame safeguard checks and a leak test on safety shut-off valves.
- Prime your boiler chemical pumps.
- Make sure to have your boiler maintenance charts ready to use. It is good to store them in the testing cabinet>.
When reviewing proper Boiler Start Up, here are some you may consider reviewing:
| Review the Refractory|| Flame Detector|| Pilot Valves|| ||Strainers |
| Replace all Fireside Gaskets|| Scanner Tube|| Main Gas Valves|| ||Air and Oil Hoses|
| Refractory Baffle Gaskets|| Programmer|| Main Gas Regulators|| ||Water Column Assembly|
| Burner Gaskets|| Damper Motor|| Gas Butterfly Valves|| ||Oil Metering Stem|
| Mandhole Gaskets|| Cam Assemblies|| Blower Motor|| ||Back Pressure Orifice |
| Low water cut offs|| Linkages|| Air Proving Switch|| ||Stem Packing|
| Oil Gun Assembly|| Ignition Cable|| Atomizing Air Pump|| ||Gauges & Ports|
| Pilot Electrode|| Operating Limit Controls|| Air Cleaner|| ||Stack Temperatures|
For more information, please contact us at 800-658-7716 or email our sales consultant at JZajac@ChemWorld.com.